Environmental Benefits of Mitten Vinyl Australia Cladding Products
Today’s vinyl cladding delivers many recognised benefits – beauty, durability, good value, low maintenance, sustainability. Insulated vinyl cladding from Mitten Vinyl Australia contributes to sustainable building practices – it uses materials and processes which are environmentally responsible and resource-efficient throughout its life cycle.
- Mitten insulated vinyl cladding boosts a home’s R value and contributes to energy efficiency. Vinyl is the most energy efficient major plastic.
- The manufacturing of vinyl cladding is a highly efficient process. Almost no waste is generated during production; in addition, most scrap is recycled during the process. This ensures that minimal waste is diverted to landfill.
- Vinyl cladding installation by Mitten Vinyl Australia generates very little waste compared to other forms of exterior cladding, and as it is a completely finished product when installed, it does not require extra materials or finishes to be added on site. Vinyl cladding is safe to cut, handle and install, and does not use or release materials shown to adversely affect health.
- Mitten Vinyl Cladding has the advantage of simple maintenance requiring few resources. The cladding only needs periodic washing with mild soap and water, and does not require cleaning with harsh chemicals, or regular painting. This lowers the cost of maintenance.
- Mitten insulated vinyl cladding is engineered to last. With its high durability and resistance to deterioration over a long lifespan, vinyl cladding has an excellent life cycle rating. Because it is strong and resistant to moisture and abrasion, vinyl is ideal for exterior cladding applications, and will not rot or corrode like many other exterior coatings.
- Vinyl cladding provides a balance between environmental and economic performance. It is an economically sensible option compared to brick, timber or fibre cement, and this combined with its excellent environmental performance means it is a good value product for home improvement projects.
- The vinyl cladding supplied by Mitten Vinyl Australia contains no lead. Some low cost claddings are known to use lead, a highly toxic material, as a colour stabiliser. Mitten Vinyl Australia cladding is manufactured to conform to Australian Standard AS 4256.4, and uses the more expensive element titanium to stabilise colour.
Vinyl cladding products from Mitten Vinyl Australia have great versatility and combine excellent strength to weight ratio, durability, cost effectiveness, low maintenance and corrosion resistance. In conjunction with their environmental benefits, Mitten’s range of vinyl cladding products make an economically attractive choice throughout the construction sector, and can be specified with confidence.